baking adventures

Thursday, September 06, 2007

shoes & bruise

The Shoes.... So about 1 year ago with the help of my former coworkers, I was able to afford an awesome pair of dansko clogs to stand around on my feet for tons of hours. I seriously couldn't be happier with them. They made it through culinary school with me and kept me tall and well supported. Since my externship and taking my job, they have been through a lot - splattered with batter, dusted with flour, coated with simple syrup, christened with strawberry sauce... but the worst offender is water... and every night they get doused with water when I'm cleaning... then, put in my locker in a humid damp locker room... and have taken to developing mold spores! Yuck! So way back when I purchased these lovely shoes I also purchased a cleaning kit as well as a waterproofing spray. Although the clogs were given a good bath of the waterproofing spray a few times, the excessive amounts of water that my feet come in contact with seem to be trying to counteract the effect. So here is a picture of my favorite shoes, one pre cleaning, one post cleaning...


The Bruise.... I've sustained some injuries in my life, but nothing nearly this, well, purple/black/maroon. Tonight while walking down the stairs, I slipped on the second to last one and while holding a tray full of random items I was bringing back to the kitchen, lost my footing and fell straight down on the same step onto my ass! It shook me, but honestly, I truly believe that if I hadn't been carrying anything, and tried to catch myself, it might have been worse. Maybe not... I guess I'll never know... But for all of you who always wished you could see, here is a nice shot of my bumm and my best bruise ever! And for all of you who are concerned, yes I have worker's comp and yes, I'm considering seeing a doctor tomorrow and yes, at 3:44am, as I post this, I have ice on my bumm!

3 Comments:

Blogger Naes said...

My exact words when I saw the picture of your bruise, "Oh Dear Lord!" Wow, Jenni, that is probably one of the nastiest bruises I've seen. I'm sorry that it is under these circumstances that I finally get to see your bum! ; )

9/06/2007 8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a whopper bruise, Honey. As I said this AM, you will most likely have a technicolor butt until it is all gone, and this may take awhile! But, in the absence of any bone aches, sciatic pain or other aggravations, your pride and your bum the the only things bruised! Keep me posted. Love, Mom

9/06/2007 4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY Gosh!!!! that is one nasty bruise! You are officially ready to become a mountain biker!
Did you end up seeing the Doc? Have you had any more pain?
I am learning about the eyes and GYN right now so I am not sure that my knowledge will help at all!

9/08/2007 1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home