baking adventures

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My life in pictures... for the last month...

Went to a Red Sox game at Yankee Stadium. Nothing like friendly Fenway, but still fun! The bleachers are so steep once I was sitting down, I couldn't bear to get up for beers. The Sox lost, so I didn't have to endure too much abuse. We were up by about 8 games at that point, now we're still up 11 games. GO SOX!
My Mom has an beautiful yard. She spends a lot of effort landscaping and caring for her garden. There was a pretty bad frost this winter in Cali and she lost lots of plants - including a large part of her outdoor orchid collection. I'd have to say she did an amazing job of bringing the yard back to life! Here I'm having a nice little conversation with my adorable 20 month old niece. She was nice enough to be giving me little pieces of grass, which I would blow into the air and then we'd have a good laugh about it. Later we were playing bubbles, where she would blow imaginary bubbles and I would chase them around her front yard. That was also a hoot!
This is the little lady eating an apple. She's a good little eater. Some times she wouldn't like the part of the apple she was eating and then just spit it out. On the couch. It was funny, but not a good habit to encourage.
Here is my brother, Mike, selling his glass at Solana Beach. He's there every Sunday with an amazing selection of jewelry, vases, paper weights, globe ornaments, goblets and many other unique wares. Catch him every Sunday at the Solana Beach farmer's market.The pot with the flowers is mine! I bought that from him. It is beautiful. I can't wait to put something colorful and bright in it.
This was one of the funny things that Pyke and I did at my Mom's house. There is a cabinet that has glass doors on both sides. We enjoyed smudging it up by making faces and peeking through at each other.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh, are those pics cute. Thanks for giving props to my gardening abilities. Love you, Mom

6/29/2007 11:59 AM  
Blogger Tisra said...

Love the pictures. thinking of you often (especially as I watch Hell's Kitchen!). Update soon! ;-)

7/10/2007 2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what an amazing time!
I hope work is going great...
I am off to the yankee stadium friday and I can't wait to cheer against the yankee's. GO Red Sox by the way... but the orioles... who would have thought that they would be in the lead right now..
i will call you soon!

7/19/2007 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home