baking adventures

Thursday, October 12, 2006

accident prone

On the second day of class two girls cut themselves - one on the plastic wrap box and another with a paring knife... today a girl just completely fainted in class... totally crazy!

But I love my class, because one of the guys, and another girl are trained EMTs and another girl is a former cop. I've never felt so useless in my life and so happy to be around such well rounded people! The guy, Sean, tended to the fainter with care and urgency and it was so nice to see people who care and step up to the plate.

So now I add one more thing to my list of "things to do in my lifetime" - learn cpr - so faced with a situation like the one above I can atleast take someone's pulse correctly!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a trained teacher for CPR now. Would you like a class when I come for Christmas?

10/14/2006 11:12 AM  
Blogger Tisra said...

It was wonderful seeing you and catching up after all this time- I will be interested to hear more reports of pastry progress. I read with a jealous eye the contents of your "tool box". As you said, "like Christmas". I could really use those knives. The Chicago Cutlery ones we have now are much better than the cheapo Target set we started married life with- but they haven't aged as well as I'd hoped (I think its only been four years since Eric gave them to me).

T

P.S. when you get a chance, could you e-mail me any good shots from the wedding? We've had a bit of a digital glitch here at Chez Fadely and have lost some photographs.

10/21/2006 11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home