baking adventures

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

the sheer excitement of it all!!!

I'm getting such great feedback from everyone that I'm even more excited than before to get on my way to the ICE and start classes. Thanks everyone for being so supportive.

I've been testing recipes for my favorite magazine - Cook's Illustrated - and I'm a little disappointed with the pound cake recipe they sent me. I've tried it twice and pretty much gotten the same result. Oh, by the way, I'm a volunteer "home cook" tester. This isn't a paid position or anything like that. I'm getting a crust on the top of my pound cake instead of that lovely moist, lighter colored crack down the middle. I'll have to compare their recipe to others I find else where. But I'll learn something from this experience... as soon as I find a recipe that works! When I do... I'll let you know!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

pound cake i'll eat all i can take as much as you can bake i dont care the flavor or the color goodness sakes we can make a game of it fling it at me with a rake dont worry bout the crumbs because those are for the snake dont worry he's cool i think his name is jake thats our former neighbors name i think he lives out by a lake when it comes to food and rhymes we're always real never fake...word

6/29/2006 1:28 AM  
Blogger EarthMotherRetiring said...

You sound SOOOO happy to start your adventure. I will be anxiously awaiting all the posts. Follow your dream, Girl. It will lead you to magnificently fluffly places....Love you, Mom

7/01/2006 8:31 PM  
Blogger Tisra said...

Jen,

I *did* get your e-mails. Just hadn't gotten around to replying yet. Please know that my delay has nothing to do with my excitement for you, though! This is great news and surely an adventure you will never regret. Not taking the easy or logical route is almost always necessary when following your dreams. It will be completely worth it and I look forward to hearing all about it.

Love, Tisra

P.S. I know you'll be bouncing around a bit...will you send me updated contact information? (tisra@fadely.net)

7/04/2006 9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jen

Jeff and I are so excited for you. This is an opportunity for a life time, and are glad you are following your dreams.

This will be a great way to diet, we can just read about all the wonderful things you create --no calories!!

Jeff and Julie Williams

7/11/2006 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home